Pages

Monday 26 September 2011

How's that for synchronicity?


Stop, Look, Listen - and then what?
The Importance of synchronicity and going with the flow!

How's that for synchronicity? My last blog was called 'Space the Final Frontier' in true Star Trek fashion.  Imagine my surprise when George Takkei turned up playing an eccentric professor of economics in a film I saw the next day called ' Larry Crowne' with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.  I believe that what we call coincidences or synchronicities are actually signposts from the Universe pointing us in the right direction.

Synchronicity: a sign from the Universe

All these signposts then were telling me I was 'in the flow' rather than struggling against the tide. So image how please I was today when one 'sign' after another plopped onto my blackberry, each one about space and clutter clearing as I sat at my usual seat at the nursery cafe. First George Takkei and now all this. Must be doing something right then?  

Expect the unexpected.
Going with the flow and making room for the unexpected!

One thing I’ve learned is that no two days are ever going to be the same.  We should always make room for the unexpected, especially in our spiritual work. My writing space is a prime example. It's relatively easy to connect to Spirit and the angels when you're surrounded by beautiful nature. Staying in the flow's a different matter

No matter what form it takes,
 recognise the unexpected as a true gift from Spirit. 
The first time I was here at the nursery, I sat completely undisturbed waiting for inspiration to gather momentum, and eventually the writing did just flow. That lesson or gift I received was about patience.

Today my lesson's different

 Today my lesson’s different.  It's about making room for the unexpected, and that's exactly what happened. I met some people I hadn’t seen for ages.  After only a moment’s hesitation, (I really should be doing something useful thought) I put pen and paper to one side, and thoroughly enjoyed a good natter.  The interesting thing was, after they’d gone, the writing began to flow quite naturally once again.  It was such a gift to see my friends again, and more importantly to be inspired by one of them in particular.

Be spontaneous -don't be a control freak

Its important to leave room in your life for the unknown because it can bring you unimagined gifts and inspiration.Making room for the unexpected is really refreshing, but it does mean we  have to be prepared to let go of control. My gift was a real surge in creative energy as well as my connection to Spirit, together with real admiration for my friend, a really courageous lady who is working  to overcome her disability.
 
Summary:

  • Look for coincidences or synchronicity in your life.  They are a sign you are going in the right direction.  Another way of saying the same thing is that you are in the flow of life!
  • Make room for the unexpected, be spontaneous. These gifts truly come from Spirit 




No comments:

Post a Comment