|Flowers in the sunshine.|
Balance and Harmony as part of the creation cycle
Summer Solstice is such a beautiful time of the year. Even though we, here in the UK have been deluged with rain, and heavy black clouds, its still time to CELELBRATE.
We may not appreciate the lack of sunshine, but life-giving rain is still such a gift. Before this inundation, we were actually suffering a water pipe ban, and the media sprouted news of frightening low water levels in our reservoirs...and they were truly worrying.
So the rain's Mother Nature's gift to us all.
Her way of restoring balance and harmony.
Solstice and the need to balance:
Solstice is the turning point of the year, and means the standing still of the sun. We have three days of grace before the sun starts her slow journey back towards the southern hemisphere.
We live in a world of contrasts, and so even though we may want to be doing all the time, our call to constant action does need to be balance with some inaction, or to put it another way contemplation. This helps maintain the natural balance in life. So this is how I am celebrating Solstice this year.
Honouring Mother Nature's innate wisdom to provide us with just what we need.
Honouring the Sun and her life giving properties
Looking at how I can tweak my own life just a tad for the good
And then and only then, acting on the information
I am given through meditation and contemplation.
Change is a key element to our life on earth. Balance is another, and these two elements go together. Our souls are nourished by the practice of meditation and contemplation and then acting on what we are given in the outside world. We are of course at the turn of the year.....the times they are a changing.
Change is a very natural part of our lives, but boy do we like to hang on to what's we've got. Nonetheless we need to honour the promptings and inspirations we are given by Spirit to be open to change trusting that it is always (and it is) to our higher good.
True change is achieved from the inside out and not the otherway round. That is why inner work, and meditation, is so important. It connects us to our divine purpose as well as Source Energy, and this includes life's natural ebb and flow.
So spend a few moments today
- Celebrating your life and particularly the achievements you've made in the first half of the year.
- Light a candle or contemplate and appreciate the sun as the source of all life.
- Balance this with a moment's contemplation asking Spirit to prompt you with new ideas and inspirations.
- Honour and nurture what you receive. Trust
- Be willing to release elements that are no longer serving you.
- This not only creates the space for the new to come into your life, but acts as a carpet of rich soil to nourish/bring forth new life.
- Be patient as this new section of your life unfurls.